If you’re going to hurl a beer bottle at Usain Bolt, make sure you’re not sitting next to a judo champion
Aug 6, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s one thing to get totally oiled at a tailgate party and then throw things at your favorite Philadelphia Eagle. But to travel all the way to the Olympics to scream at Usain Bolt, and then hurl a beer bottle at him? Makes little sense. But then the gentleman in this photo doesn’t look like a Rhodes Scholar.
Edith Bosch, the judo champion, told Dutch television reporters she acted out of disappointment and anger. She said she had seen the man acting in an unusual way before he threw the bottle.
“I had seen the man walking around earlier and said to people around me that he was a peculiar bloke,” she said. “Then he threw that bottle and in my emotion I hit him on the back with the flat of my hand.”
Coe said there was some “poetic justice” in the fact that the suspect happened to be sitting next to an accomplished judo star.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found