Aug 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Have to get trapped in a room with one Olympic team? You could do worse than the Netherlands women’s field hockey squad, which has captured the imagination of fans for a variety of reasons, many of them not pertaining to field hockey.
As you can see by the sampling of recent tweets below, people love them because they’re hot. Also, according to several sources — among them Outsports Magazine — four team members are openly gay. And two of them are a couple.
Don’t know your Ellen Hoog from your Kitty Van Male? Here’s a pretty thorough and very slightly NSFW photo gallery.
But most of all, don’t forget, these women are good at field hockey. The Dutch team won gold in Beijing in 2008, and lead Group B with a 2-0 record after Tuesday’s 3-2 win over Japan. They take on China on Thursday.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found