Jul 26, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
I’ve been watching baseball a long time (Wednesday’s Giants-Padres game alone seemed like five years long), but I can honestly say I’ve never seen this. The Brewers’ Carlos Gomez hit a long fly ball to left in Philadelphia that was … hooking … foul. But unaware that the ball was ruled foul, Gomez broke into his home run trot, and did not stop until he was completely around the bases.
Of course the at-bat then ended the only way it could have ended — with Gomez taking a called third strike on a pitch right down the middle.
Return to dugout … awkward.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found