Jul 17, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
Ali Rogers won the Miss South Carolina Pageant on Friday, and one of her prizes was “a fur coat from the South Carolina Trappers Association.” Oh Lordy. But we’re not here to discuss Miss South Carolina and the electrocution of small fur-bearing mammals. Rather, let’s take a look at the new Miss Teen South Carolina, Rachel Wyatt. No sooner was she crowned at Columbia’s Township Auditorium than she bent on one knee and Tebowed. Yep.
She didn’t do it to be cute or funny, she said. Rather:
“[Tim Tebow's] whole goal of doing that is to give all the glory and honor to our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and that’s exactly what I was trying to do,” said Wyatt, who won more than $12,000 in savings bonds. It’s also something her sister, who turned 21 Sunday, suggested. “She had said beforehand, ‘How cool would it be if the winner got down and did The Tebow.’ ”
Very cool indeed … if this was 2011.
Unfortunately for the state, this is not the most noteworthy thing a Miss Teen South Carlina has ever done:
Miss South Carolina Tebows On Stage After Winning Her Crown [Busted Coverage]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found