Jul 15, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
At times, we can forget our favorite star athletes are people as well and sometimes even the smallest gesture from them can make one fan extremely happy.
One Pittsburgh Steelers fan by the name of Julia Pollock was battling spinal cord/brain cancer and spent nearly three months in a Colorado hospital re-cooperating from surgery.
Nearing the end of her stay in the hospital, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was informed of her plight and sent a very special video message from Pittsburgh Steelers training camp:
The below video features Julia watching the video message from her hospital bed for the first time:
After receiving the video message, Julia wrote a heartfelt letter to Ben thanking him for his message and below are just some of the highlights from that letter:
I want Ben to know that his video email meant the world to me not just because I bleed black and gold and watching him every Sunday makes my week but because I’ve ALWAYS known him to be a man with a good heart.
After 52 days bed ridden in the hospital I am home with my family in Brighton, CO. I’m getting stronger everyday. I guess you could say this is my training camp.
Thank you with all my heart. I do truly do believe the Lord works in mysterious ways and miracles happen. I have to, I’m a Steelers fan, right?
Roethlisberger creates video message for cancer patient [Steelers Depot]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found