Jul 11, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
So now perhaps we have a reason for Justin Verlander’s stinky All-Star performance for the American League. Or perhaps not. But it’s possible that he was distracted by swimsuit model/actress/spokesperson/hostess Kate Upton, with whom it is rumored that he’s having a relationship. Don’t most players have an SI Swimsuit Issue Cover Model clause in their contracts? You should wait until the offseason, Verlander.
Upton and Verlander were spotted at a local bar Thursday night “getting chummy” after reportedly going to an Aerosmith concert.
Verlander has dated Emily Yuen since college, but it is unknown if the two are still together.
We’re guessing they’re not since reports say Upton and Verlander were “hanging all over each other” at the bar.
Upton and Verlander met on the set of an MLB 2k12 ad.
This comes as good news to Jets fans — Upton had been rumored to be dating Mark Sanchez recently. Is the “Upton Effect” a real thing? I guess we’ll find out.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found