Jul 9, 2012, 3:14 PM EST
This marriage between, presumably, two Auburn fans shall be the happiest marriage in all the land. That’s because it’s based on love, loyalty, and a gross felony involving a deadly herbicide. From Dawn Davenport of WKRN News 2 in Nashville, via the great Bleacher Report, comes this Twitter photo of a wedding cake based on the trees at Toomer’s Corner: the historic meeting place for Auburn football fans.
As you know, University of Alabama fan Harvey Updike was charged by police with poisoning two trees at Toomer’s Corner in a fit of rage/insanity. Was this cake made with that incident in mind? The limbs certainly look sickly, but who knows? The good news is that the trees seem to be recovering. The bad news is that I get no cake.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found