Jul 7, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
If you ever attend a Major League Baseball game, you have to stay alert at all times since foul balls can travel fast and you might unsuspectingly be the target of one.
During last night’s Padres/Reds affair, a fan by the name of Travis Decker was attempting to post a status update on Facebook using his cell phone when San Diego’s Will Venable was at the plate in the bottom of the second inning.
While he was paying attention to check in on the social networking site, Decker didn’t see Venable foul off a pitch that would travel to his section in the stands and plunk him right on the left shoulder:
Decker’s friend also gets high marks for not attempting to make a play on the ball.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games