Jul 3, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
Newly-minted Fox Sports sideline reporter/college football show host Erin Andrews just did an interview with Only Gators, a University of Florida news blog, and in it Adam Silverstein came up with a pretty nifty scoop. Down a little way in the Q&A with Andrews was Silverstein’s question about rumors linking Andrews with testing for a spot as host of X-Factor. (That rumor was first reported by SportsByBrooks, by the way).
AS: I’m sure you’ve seen the rumblings and reports about you auditioning for and possibly being a finalist for the hosting job on X Factor. Is that true and where in the process is that at this point?
EA: “We are really interested in trying a bunch of different things. I don’t know where they are with all of that but my goodness, it’s on FOX. I would definitely love to also try to be a judge on So You Think You Can Dance? for one episode, too, because I’m obsessed with that show. We’re really open to a lot of things right now. It doesn’t even really have to be those two shows. There’s just this whole new kind of pot of gold with all these different things that are shining and sparkling. And we’re definitely excited about trying all of them – just sitting and talking to a lot of people. The most important thing for me was getting the sports contract done. I needed to get that done because that is my bread and butter – that’s where I’m most comfortable and that’s where I wanted to be. That was the biggest thing. Now that we’re going to breathe for a couple of days, we’re going to figure out where to go next.”
Andrews has always been looking to take the next step in her entertainment career, and it looks like Fox was able to offer the possibilities that made it finally seem attractive to leave ESPN. Although sitting between Simon Cowell and Britney Spears is not my idea of a dream job. In fact, that has been the theme of several night terrors.
Andrews went on to reveal that she asked Adam Sandler for advice about leaving
ESPN (the two worked together on the movie That’s My Boy). Which I find both hilarious and frightening for some reason.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: Red Wings score twice in 31 seconds
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong