Jun 28, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
If you fancy taking your political cues from a man who had this carved into the back of his head, then you’ll be happy with today’s developments. Even though he grew up in the bluest part of blue Washington state, Spencer Hawes is a diehard Republican: the 76ers’ center has a God Bless GW Bush bumper sticker on his car, and is an enthusiastic global warming denier. So when the Supreme Court’s decision on health care came down today, this series of tweets from Hawes should have been no surprise.
My favorite: Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave. We might as well be Russia from 1983. #americancommunists.
More reaction from the sports world here.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found