Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
There was game we played as kids called “Five Flies Up”, in which a batter hit fly balls to a group of seven or eight (or more) kids in the outfield, and the first kid to catch five flies then got to replace the batter. As you can imagine, it was often a free-for-all, as kids pushed and tripped each other and generally jockeyed for position to catch the flies. That’s what it must have felt like on Wednesday on this play in Cincinnati, as the Brewers’ Nyjer Morgan contended with a fan in the first row of the stands for a foul fly ball. It was more than a little contentious.
As the announcer noted, when a ball is hit into the stands it’s fair game. Morgan’s lucky he didn’t come away drenched in beer with a “Brewers Suck” sign stuck to the back of his jersey.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found