Jun 28, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
Fun fact: Chuck Norris’ real name is Carlos Ray Norris. Would he be such a darling of the conservative party if he had kept the Carlos? The answer is shrouded in mystery. What is known is that Norris, a staunch Republican, is on to President Obama’s secret plan to let gays infiltrate the Boy Scouts of America.
I just hope that Chuck never finds out about the new Oreos.
Norris wrote an op-ed piece for the shooting site AmmoLand.com which appeared on Tuesday, in which he accused the Obama administration of paying Scouts’ national board member James Turley to try and overturn the organizations’ ban on gay Scouts and Scout masters.
Turley recently said that he would “work from within” the board to overturn the policy.
Is Turley working on his own initiative, or has the White House prodded him with perks and favors? Is it a coincidence that Turley came out swinging against the BSA’s century-old policy to ban gays from leadership and that he has such close affiliations with the pro-gay Obama administration?
Norris has subsequently written posts on Facebook and Twitter to “clarify” his op-ed piece (note to Chuck: a well-written column should stand on its own, and not need clarification). In the clarification, Norris said he “was not criticizing the gay community.”
But then what do you make of this paragraph in his column?:
For years, I’ve signed and sent out hundreds of Eagle Scout recognition letters. And I personally have known a host of Boy Scouts, Eagle Scouts and BSA leaders. These individuals epitomize the best of America. Indeed, the BSA is as integral a part of American life and culture as hot dogs, baseball and Grandma’s apple pie.
In other words, gays cannot possibly be in that group. The Boy Scouts are only for real, pie-eating Americans.
Also, nice hot dog imagery. I see what you did there, Carlos.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3