Jun 15, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
In case you thought the Tebowing fad was dead, on Busted Coverage today (linked here) comes this photo of, it appears to be, nine strippers all Tebowing at the same time. That’s an unofficial record, folks!
This may be awkward news on the same day that it was announced Tebow will appear at a special Father’s Day church event at San Diego’s Qualcomm Field.
The last time Tebow was at Qualcomm was also “the last time the Broncos beat the Chargers,” Shadow Mountain spokesman David St. John said this week. Yes, Tebow was a scintillating 9-of-18 for 143 yards and 1 TD in that overtime win. Can he reproduce the magic of mediocre passing stats on Sunday, when he co-hosts a special Father’s Day event alongside Shadow Mountain Community Church Pastor David Jeremiah?
Originally the program was supposed to be held at the church, but Tebow’s presence required a larger venue. They are “expecting thousands,” St. John said. The gates open at 6 a.m. for early-bird tailgaters (?), and the event starts at 10 a.m.
St. John said Tebow was a good fit for San Diego, where Jeremiah will be “encouraging men to live, love and lead” from one of his largest platforms yet. The pastor’s “Turning Point” radio program is broadcast more than 2,500 times every day around the world, and Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon has grown into one of the state’s largest congregations since Jeremiah was named senior pastor in 1981.
But even Tebow has to take a back seat to one player.
“Tim recognizes that the real game changer is Jesus Christ, and he passionately lives out his faith every day, both publicly and privately,” said Jeremiah in a statement. “Tim gives Christ the glory and honor at every turn and he embraces the label ‘role model’ in this time when most athletes shun the title.”
By the way, are these men’s real last names St. John and Jeremiah? Because that’s a heck of a coincidence for a pastor and a church official. Or … it’s another Tebow miracle!
Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many people show up in Chargers jerseys. The event is free, so there there may be a few. And there may be booing. If you attend, send us pictures!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL