Jun 14, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
We told you previously that the Lingerie Football League was negotiating to develop a video game, and now that deal seems to be in place. People,
grab your joysticks get ready because an LFL video game is now a reality. YUKE’s Co. Ltd., an Osaka, Japan-based gaming manufacturer will team with the LFL to develop a gaming platform within the next year. From the LFL press release:
YUKEs and the LFL will go into design and development of the official LFL gaming platforms with a focus on capturing the essence of the intensity, speed, beauty and on-the-field action of LFL football. The core global fan base of the LFL which consists of nearly 60% Men 18-34 perfectly aligns with the gaming world’s target demographic.
In case you’re wondering what other games Yuke’s has developed, among them are two based on World Wrestling Entertainment, and something called Sword of the Berserk: Guts’ Rage, which has also been adapted as an animated movie.
Possible LFL video game sound effects: Coaches fight! Finish him! (audio NSFW).
There are no details yet on how the game will look or how it is to be played, except for this previous LFL press release excerpt:
Game play will include the ‘ultimate form of fantasy football’ with fans being able to build their ultimate All-Star team of red-head, blonde or brunette ‘Gridiron Goddess’.
Charlie Sheen as already ordered a dozen gross.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found