Jun 14, 2012, 1:10 PM EST
Quote of the day: “You can tell your grandchildren that you were here at the first World Burping Championships.” A tad dramatic? Well, some will say that this is a more impressive performance than Matt Cain’s perfect game. Ladies and gentlemen … OK, just gentlemen … an 18.1-second burp.
Sentence of the day: The event was sanctioned by the World Burping Federation.
That’s Tim Janus, who became the first-ever world burping champion at Hudson Station Bar in New York City, and thus will have beautiful women pounding on his front door for an entire year. We just hope he lets them out.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found