Jun 12, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Listen: if I know one thing, its that divorce takes commitment. There needs to be a willingness for both parties to set aside their good feelings for one another and focus on the bad. Kobe and Vanessa Bryant just didn’t have what it takes to stay apart, it seems. According to TMZ, their reconciliation has gone too far and there is no turning back … Vanessa has refused to sign the final divorce papers.
Kobe has not moved back in with her, yet. But it looks like that’s where it’s heading.
Under California law, Vanessa has to wait 6 months before she can file final docs making the divorce official. The 6-month mark hits this weekend, so Vanessa could end the marriage as early as Monday … but we know she won’t.
Kobe signed over three mansions to Vanessa in December.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
World’s oldest animal marriage ends in divorce …
- Tampa’s bullpen phone goes out, Rays have to relay messages by foot.
- San Francisco Bay to Breakers is an ancient tradition, but not this ancient.
- Novak Djokovic really hates Perrier.
Meanwhile, in Los Angeles …
Los Angeles Kings Ice Girls give thanks for 2012 Stanley Cup championship. Hopefully their lips didn’t get stuck.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found