Jun 8, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
No, not the chrysanthemums! I’m not sure why it was determined that sprinters who have just finished a race are in immediate need of flowers, but that’s the custom with at least one major event — the IAAF Diamond League meet in Oslo, Norway. Usain Bolt had just crossed the finish line (hey, shouldn’t it be the “norwegian line”?) when a flower girl stepped up a bit too eagerly to present his posies. Bolt crashed into her — but managed to grab her arms and keep her upright, to the delight of Diamond League officials and their lawyers, no doubt.
Bolt won the 100m in 9.79, and all flower girls should note that when a human is traveling that rapidly it takes a certain distance for him to slow down. I’d hate to see her welcoming a team flight at the airport.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found