Jun 1, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Celtics fans are fed up with the officiating in the Eastern Conference Finals, and they’re not going to take it any more. As a form of social protest, a Boston radio station is urging fans to print out these fun Tim Donaghy masks and wear them to tonight’s Game 3. Occupy TD Garden? Sort of, I guess.
Donaghy, of course, is the former NBA official who in 2007 pleaded guilty to two federal charges that he made calls to affect the point spreads of games in which he had bet on. Toucher & Rich, hosts at 98.5 The Hub radio in Boston, have taken that theme and run with it, alleging another NBA conspiracy. In short, the NBA wants Miami to win this series, say many Celtics fans, and are assigning refs to the series whom they know will favor the Heat.
Some of the calls so far have indeed looked dodgy. Is it a conspiracy? I don’t know — but that would be fun, wouldn’t it? Anything that gets fans to wear silly masks at a sporting event gets my approval.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona