May 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
There’s nothing worse than someone who insists on playing a sport to which they are not suited. I am no longer looking at you, Charles Barkley — next to Britney Spears, your golf game appears to be sent from Jack Nicklaus.
Britney Spears has taken up golf. If you see her in a golf outfit, do not attempt to apprehend her yourself. She is armed and dangerous. Call authorities. The Arizona Republic:
The ‘Toxic’ singer — who recently signed up to become a judge on the U.S. ‘X Factor’ — took the advice of her fiancé Jason Trawick who suggested she play the sport to help her relax.
However, fellow golfers have been struggling to deal with Britney’s inability to play the game as she regularly lets go of her club and cannot hit the ball.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ”It’s heads-up when she’s around. She’s hit a few golfers and managed to land balls in golf carts. But she’s a good sport and laughs at herself.”
Now there’s your reality show.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while attending the Finger Wrestling Championships …
- Whiff of greatness: Minnesota prep pitcher gets five strikeouts in one inning.
- Joe Montana’s son, Nate Montana, who has played for Notre Dame and the University of Montana, is transferring to Div. II West Virginia Wesleyan.
- The James Harden face cake is terrifying, delicious.
Meanwhile, at Marlins Park …
“We were supposed to do it last week but it got rained out.” That has to be a first — a marriage proposal rain check.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found