Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones says keeping her virginity ‘Harder than training for the Olympics’ (video)
May 22, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
When trying to keep your virginity, it helps to be fast, apparently. Makes sense when you think about it. Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones was the focus of an HBO Real Sports segment that airs tonight, and if you’re looking for candid, this will be the place. HBO released a teaser clip of the show (video following the jump), which included this: Jones, on her trouble finding a man to commit to, and staying a virgin:
“It’s just a gift I want to give to my husband. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. Harder than training for the Olympics. Harder than graduating college. … I’ve had guys tell me, if you have sex it will help you run faster.”
Jones, who posed nude for ESPN’s The Body Issue in 2009, will be 30 in August. But evidently she’s focused on just one thing, and it isn’t a relationship. As you recall she was favored to win the 100-meter hurdles at Beijing in 2008 but tripped and finished seventh. She’s won two gold medals in the 60m hurdles at the World Indoor Championships in 2008 and ’10, but never a gold in the 100m — she won silver in the event in 2008 at the World Athletics Final.
To Jones it’s always been about athletics: she went to live with another family when her parents moved to an area where the high school didn’t have a track team. She’s worked a variety of part-time jobs to get through college and subsidize her track career, so it should be an interesting program tonight.
Also, shouldn’t someone introduce her to Tim Tebow? They could share virginity anecdotes.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming