May 18, 2012, 11:06 AM EST
You laughed when Russia poured all of that money into psychic livestock research in the 1980s, but who’s laughing now? Russia claims to have an “oracle hog” that will predict results of the Euro 2012 soccer tournament, and will roll out the porcine prognosticator the day before the tourney kicks off, 20 days, 13 hours and 10 minutes from now. Needless to say all of Europe is a powder keg of emotion at this hour. Reuters:
A psychic pig is set to take over where Paul the Octopus left off at the 2010 World Cup by predicting the results of matches at the European championships in Ukraine and Poland.
Kiev’s city government said on Friday it would wheel out the porky tipster to give daily forecasts once the tournament kicks off next month.
“A unique oracle hog, a real Ukrainian pig and a psychic which knows the mysteries of football,” a statement said. “Every day at 16.00 it will predict the result of the upcoming match.”
Paul, who has since passed away, shot to fame at the 2010 World Cup after his feeding behaviour was used to correctly predict the winner of each of the Germany’s seven matches.
He also tipped World Cup winners Spain to beat the Netherlands in the final in South Africa from his tank at an aquarium in Oberhausen.
Kiev officials said they wanted bring similar excitement to Ukrainians by bringing the telepathic pig to the city’s fan zone before matches.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found