May 18, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
“Buckets. I get buckets.”
Anyone familiar with Richard Pryor’s “Mudbone” character will appreciate Uncle Drew. That’s actually Cleveland Cavaliers Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving hidden with a bunch of makeup and prosthetics. “I know I’m old youngblood, but you want to switch sneakers?” Ha.
It’s pretty fantastic how “Uncle Drew” changes from a wobbly senior citizen to a crossover-moving, dunking terror over the course of the game. There’s no way to be sure, but it looks like the majority of the people in the video are not in on the trickery. Very well played, Pepsi Max. And as for Irving, he may have a future in movies.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found