May 15, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
If you know me, then you know I have the world’s most extensive collection of Canadian intermediate A lacrosse cards. So when the Coquitlam Adanacs and Nanaimo Timbermen got into a vicious brawl on Saturday, you knew I’d be writing about it. Here’s a description of the action, from the Nanaimo Daily News:
The game disintegrated late in the second period as Cody Reed scored to put Coquitlam up 15-4. Reed was hit by the Timberman’s Jordan Kuziuk, who two seconds later was crosschecked by the Adanacs’ Zachary Hartman, who was playing in his first game back after missing time to a concussion.
At that point a line brawl broke out and eventually both benches emptied. The game was called with 47 seconds left in the frame.
That’s the great part about the video below: the bench players took a long time getting into the action. It’s like tag-team wresting: they were waiting for one of their teammates to struggle over and touch them in.
Anyway, a bunch of suspensions were handed down by the B.C. Intermediate A Lacrosse League, which was unamused by the spectacle. And the worst thing about a lacrosse brawl? The mess afterward. No wonder the sport is not more popular — too much equipment for kids’ parents to buy.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Your quote of the day: “I kissed her breasts… there was nowhere else for my face to go.”
- So a horse and a giraffe go to a Washington Nationals game …
- One hundred years ago today, Ty Cobb beat up a handicapped heckler …
- Metta World Peace takes down James Harden … again.
Meanwhile, in Premier League soccer …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found