May 14, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Manny Pacquiao would like you to know that he disagrees with President Obama’s recent personal endorsement of gay marriage. The Bible is against such shenanigans, says Pac Man, and one should always obey what’s written the Bible. Of course it’s been noted here that the Bible says a lot of things, not all of which are taken literally by most Christians, including Pacquiao. But give Pacquiao credit for one thing: he not only quotes Leviticus on the subject, he leaves in the parts that other anti-gay marriage zealots tend to leave out. Like the part about gay people being put to death. Yes, apparently Pacquiao is for that.
Pacquiao, in training for his fight with Timothy Bradley in June, made this statement on Friday. Digital Journal:
In his statement on Obama’s endorsement of same sex marriage, Pacquiao said, he calls on societies to fear God and not to promote sin. He quoted Leviticus 20:13: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”
“God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other,” Pacquiao quoted the Bible.
“It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old,” he said.
The way things are going now, I half expect Pacquiao to bust into a Samuel L. Jackson Pulp Fiction “And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee” speech before each press conference. His new religious austerity regimen is starting to sound a little strange. How he performs in the Bradly fight will be very interesting.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found