May 9, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
It’s called American Ultimate Disc League — please don’t call it Frisbee, you Philistines — and its inaugural regular season is in full fling. We take you now to the game between the Connecticut Constitution and the undefeated Philadelphia Spinners in New Britain, Conn., and a key moment in the matchup. The Constitution’s Brent Anderson lays out for a pretty impressive grab in the end zone at Central Connecticut State University’s Arute Field, during Connecticut’s eventual 29-23 victory.
How great would football be if the ball would hover in the air like that and let receivers run under it? Pretty great.
Photo: Tamsin Gosselin.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut