May 9, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Just so you have this straight, John Dolan was a pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals in 1893. Timothy Dolan is a Cardinal in New York today. The latter plays without a glove, but he does have a uniform (pictured). And both the Cardinals and the Cardinal are now on Twitter.
Cardinal Dolan just got his Twitter account on Tuesday, as a matter of fact, and here was his first tweet:
Hey everybody. It’s Timothy Cardinal Tebow. I mean Dolan. I’m on Twitter. And I’m live on Town Hall on SiriusXM’s The Catholic Channel 129.
Tim Tebow joke. Cute. I have a feeling Jesus was funnier, though. The Bible cut out all the jokes from the Sermon on the Mount.
Here’s Cardinal Dolan’s third tweet:
Matt Lauer, Joe Torre, my mom and 20 listeners asking questions- a great Town Hall on Catholic Channel 129. Thanks for joining me on twitter
A social media-savvy cardinal in New York is a must these days, I suppose. And so far, Cardinal Dolan’s tweets are fairly innocuous … oops. Spoke too soon. His latest:
Every person or institution will eventually let us down. Our ultimate trust must be in God and we will never be disappointed.
Even the Jets? Even Tim Tebow? How can you say that? (Throws football, knocks off giant Archbishop hat).
Sorry Cardinal Dolan: nobody slams Tim Tebow on my watch. Unfollowed.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found