May 9, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
The ultimate piece of memorabilia for the Arkansas football fan in your family? Either that, or I could see LSU buying it and riding it triumphantly around Tiger Stadium prior to the Golden Boot game. Yep, Bobby Petrino’s mangled Harley is up for auction, with a listed price of $16,000 (and repair costs of $18,481). Helmet and eternal regret sold separately.
It’s probably not the most notorious sports-related motorcycle of recent years — Ben Roethlisberger’s Wild Ride might have fetched more, had it been sold off. And opening the field to all vehicles, Tiger Woods’ divot-ed Escalade — which GM said would be repaired and auctioned — is worth an estimated $60,000.
Unless you’re a 90-year-old Japanese soldier living on a remote island still fighting World War II, you know that Petrino crashed his bike on April 1 and broke some ribs. He was also toting a passenger, female assistant Jessica Dorrell, and it soon came out that the two had been in a relationship. Petrino was fired as head coach.
The auction ends on May 30, so fire up your Petrino Super MAC (Motorcycle Action Committee) now.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save