May 8, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
The wheels of justice grind slowly in Turkish soccer, but if you aim a racial slur at an opponent, eventually justice comes looking for you. Painful, soprano-inducing justice. From The Last Angry Fan comes this tale of woe, as Trabzonspor midfielder Didier Zokora claimed that Fenerbahce’s Emre Belozoglu (pictured, No. 5) hit him with a racial slur back in April. The league agreed with the charge, and leveled a two-match ban against Belozoglu.
The teams met again recently, and Zokora — who is from the Ivory Coast — decided to add a little punishment.
Kind of Shakespearean, except for the getting-kicked-in-the-groin part.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found