May 8, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Any time a group of sports fans come together for a project, there’s always one guy who doesn’t get the memo. Hartlepool United fans dressed as Smurfs for their League One match with Charlton Athletic at The Valley on Saturday — and if you’ve never seen a few dozen Smurfs taking public transportation to a soccer match, you’re really missing something. Anyway, it looked somewhat impressive in the stands (Hartelpool’s colors are blue and white). Until, that is, the guy in the banana costume showed up (middle left, below).
Also it seems that Batman is estranged from Robin. Either that, or they couldn’t get adjoining seats.
Dressing up for the final match of the season has become a tradition at Hartlepool, as seen below in their 2011 finale.
“I want a Hartlepool fan, daddy! I want one now!”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found