Wrong National Anthem? No problem — Israeli gold medal rower takes microphone and sings it herself (video)
May 7, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
We’ve seen National Anthem foul-ups before — the most amusing coming at the Arab Shooting Championships in Kuwait, when they mistakenly played the fake Kazakhstan National Anthem from the movie Borat instead of the real one.
But Israeli rower Moran Samuel (far right) was having none of that nonsense after she won the gold medal at a pre-Paralympics competition in Italy. When it was clear that the organizers were playing the wrong anthem, Samuel asked for the mic and began singing Hatikvah herself.
It turned out to be quite an inspiring moment.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller