May 7, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, were at the Hawks-Celtics playoff game on Sunday — a fact that did not escape TNT’s wandering camera. And anything that is found by the camera is likely to get commented on by Charles Barkley. Sir Chuck wasted no time visualizing the Electoral College map and tabulating the results in his head. Huffington Post:
“We’re going to beat you like a drum in November,” Barkley said as the camera cut to the former Massachusetts governor. “Don’t take it personally. You seem like a nice guy, but you’re going down, bro.”
Funny that Barkley should use the term “we,” as he has said that he’s not affiliated with a party. In a 2008 interview with the New Republic he said:
“I do not use words like liberal or conservative. You can ask me a question and I will give you an answer. Those are words rich people on television use to divide and conquer. I am pro-choice. And if gay people want to get married, that is none of my business.”
Barkley also made a similar call back in December of 2011. On the Republican primary field:
“As a Democrat who loves the president, I am downright giddy. There ain’t no way we can lose to them idiots.”
But Barkley wasn’t done on Sunday …
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while ordering a hot dog to go with everything …
- First base coach gets hit in a very unfortunate place on pickoff attempt.
- Warren Buffet says it’s time for a woman member at Augusta. ‘If I were in charge of the club we’d have plenty of women.’
- Kansas City Royals’ George Brett pine tar bat giveaway may be the baseball promotion of the year.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in Kansas City …
Cinco de Mayo Chihuahua parade falls short of world record.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found