May 7, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
There were big things going on south of the border on Saturday (not a euphemism). Bullfighting is so last week: on Saturday the Lingerie Football League invaded Mexico City, where the league put on the first of two All-Fantasy all-star events (the other will be in Australia in June). The LFL reports today that the games drew “nearly 15,000 fans” at the Sports Palace in Mexico City, and seeing that it was Cinco de Mayo, that may be pretty impressive — I’m not sure.
From now on: female matadors showing some skin, who let the bulls live. Call it Lingerie Bullfighting League.
Looks like a packed house from this angle (not a euphemism):
Photos courtesy Lingerie Football League.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller