May 6, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
As you try to fill out your 2012 MLB All-Star ballot, please make sure you consider a former member of the “Bash Brothers” for the designated hitter slot.
A couple of days ago, former MLB slugger Jose Canseco decided to plead with his over 400,000 Twitter followers to help him get into the midsummer classic as a “write-in candidate” for the American League designated hitter spot:
Choose write in. Jose Canseco. Dh. A’s red sox rangers or rays. WE CAN DO IT!!!
Don’t forget to vote for me for MLB all star game. Dh any team u prefer. American league. Jose Canseco.
Make me a believer that MLB does not hate me. Only you can help me. They Cant turned down the votes of fans U are what made MLB
As much as I would really like to see Canseco in the 2012 MLB All-Star game, it’s probably not going to happen since leagues have wised up to the write-in candidate and will probably block any sort of funny business. If fans couldn’t get Antoine Walker into the 2008 NBA All-Star game, Canseco doesn’t have great odds at this point.
Jose Canseco wants your All-Star Vote [Hall Of Very Good]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found