May 5, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
If you happen to be anywhere near downtown Philadelphia this weekend, you might have the chance to sample a beer named after hated Penguins star Sidney Crosby.
A downtown brewery called “Nodding Head” decided to “honor” Crosby by naming their latest beer creation after him. The ale has been dubbed, “Crosby’s Tears” and below is the write-up seen on the brewery’s menu taking some shots at the first pick of the 2005 NHL Draft:
STRONG ALE …WHINE-LIKE IN “HONOR” OF ITS NAMESAKE… ORANGE HUED LIKE THE TEAM THAT SENT HIM HOME FOR THE SUMMER… THE PERFECT COMPLEMENT TO A PLAYOFF RUN
The ale will run you about $6.50 but I would shy away from it, if you’ve had a concussion in the past couple of months.
Philadelphia Bar brews beer called “Crosby’s Tears” [The 700 Level]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found