May 5, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
Over the years, we’ve seen some pretty impressive rain delay theater moments in college and professional baseball but the players on this year’s Cal State Bakersfield and University of Nebraska baseball teams have gotten it down to an exact science.
Last Sunday, the Roadrunners game against the Cornhuskers was cancelled due to rain but gave the players on both squads an opportunity to shows off their rain delay antics to the few that decided to brave the rain.
Some of the highlights include the Roadrunners riding a fake roller coaster and a dance-off between both teams that will be remembered for as long as YouTube still exists:
Nebraska, Cal State Bakersfield in the best rain delay ever [Washington Post]
Cal State Bakersfield/Nebraska Rain Delay Antics [Cosby Sweaters]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found