May 4, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
Usain Bolt has been photographed smooching with Jamaican-based Slokvakian fashion designer Lubica. That shouldn’t really be big news, except that Bolt’s fellow Jamaicans have made it big news. Lubica, you see, is Caucasian, of Slovakian descent, and some Jamaicans are upset that Bolt is dating outside of his race. Comments from a story on the couple in the Jamaica Observer:
Really now Usain! Some successful blackmen obviously suffer from a white woman complex. You too?
UB take a page from Tiger Woods book
The Observer also ran this cartoon last month, showing Bolt running from the arms of a “local girl” toward Lubica, with flowers in hand.
The London Daily Mail says it found these comments, although it doesn’t say exactly where:
Another one of our men snatched.
Out of all the girls on this island you pick a snowbunny.
These superstars will always disappoint if we depend on them to raise our racial identity.
By the way, I’ve seen Lubica’s name several different ways in various reports: From Lubica Slovak to Lubica Belle to Belle Lubica, but I’ll just refer to her as Lubica for the time being. M’kay?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found