Female Boston Red Sox fan gets kicked in the face by Yankees fan (video)

Apr 29, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT

Picture 4

Just when you thought it was safe to wear Boston Red Sox gear to a New York Yankees game, one female Boston fan got karate-kicked in the face by a Yankees supporter.

The incident happened at a recent Yankees/Tigers game when two female Red Sox fans started verbally sparring with some Yankees fans in section 328.

After getting dangerously close to some fans, the Red Sox fan in the pink shirt took a swing at a Yankees fan and proceeded to get a beer spilled on her along with her hat getting thrown away. Seconds later as her friend tries to help her out, the girl gets kicked in the face and falls down at least two rows into the railing below:

***

Red Sox Fan Gets Kicked In The Face [Busted Coverage]

1. worldwidebleater - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Picking a fight with the home crowd. Not exactly wicked smaht.

2. micklethepickle - Apr 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I’m sure that the Boston fans were just upset that the stadium wasn’t “Whites-only”… you know, because Boston was never really on board with that whole Civil Rights thing (see: Joel Ward)

• 2004redsoxwcm - Apr 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM

YA OKAY YOU RACIST FAGGOIT

• crosberries - Apr 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM

^^^^^trash

• bdeviled11 - Apr 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM

All caps guy, I think you helped prove his point.

• govtminion - Apr 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Nothing more hypocritical than making a homophobic remark while calling someone a racist. Smooth.

• skids003 - Apr 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Ironic, govtminion, you see that too. I thought the same thing.

• bahia2 - May 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Go Red Soxs,Pats,Bruins and Celtics.I’m sure if Boston was still racist they would be marching in the streets just like they did for that punk Trayvon !

3. baseballbarrister - Apr 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

This is downright awful, and there is plenty of blame to go around. Certainly hope everyone is ok.

I can’t help but wonder where ballpark security was in all of this? Its also a shame people are now more interested in getting their 15 minutes of fame by posting stuff on YouTube, instead of stepping in to stop this garbage.

• dirtyjerseysports - Apr 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM

You reap what you sew….

• randygnyc - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. Step in the middle of a physical fight, between drunk douche bags, whom you don’t know, and risk getting injured yourself. That takes a lot of brains. Really worth it. (and yes, I would step in if it was a defenseless stranger)

• 1337ryan - May 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Refer to my comment below. This is how it works at Yankee Stadium and it’s OK.

4. 2004redsoxwcm - Apr 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM

NICE SECURITY IN YANKEE STADIUM I SEE I BET NOW THE 2 STUPID BITCHES WILL BE SUING THE YANKEES FOR NOT HAVE SECURITY THERE

• crosberries - Apr 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Your a moron

• angryyankee - Apr 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM

It’s actually you’re (as in you are)..

• crosberries - Apr 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I love people that have nothing better to do then correct blog post. Great thanks for the tip I was busy doing other stuff while I typed it get over it

• fastspecv - May 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Well when you’re on a blog making fun of someone for being a moron it usually helps to oh I dunno……not make yourself look like a moron in the process

• nofunleague - Apr 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Stay in your seat where you belong and not go into another section, DRUNK, and get your a$$ kicked. She deserved what she got.

5. sabatimus - Apr 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Wow, anybody else wanna be an idiot?

• napoleonblownapart6887 - May 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Elephants are bigger in person!

6. jason9696 - Apr 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

The woman that got knocked down against the rail had a great a$$.

• skids003 - Apr 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I bet the know on the back of her head was about the same size and shape.

7. rayburns - Apr 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I’m glad security was there to defuse the situation….

How come when I want to move two rows down and get a better view of the game, three security guys are right there to check my ticket, but you get a bunch of screaming drunks confronting each other and ending in fisticuffs (footicuffs?) and security is in back having a hot dog?

8. rooney24 - Apr 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Dumb, drunk chick got what was coming to her. It had less to do with her hat and more to do with being a loud mouth drunk that couldn’t just ignore the other loud mouth drunks. If you are wearing your gear in “enemy” territory, you have to be ready to ignore any comments, as you will be outnumbered. In my experience, if you ignore those people, most will knock it off and leave you alone.

9. sasquash20 - May 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM

If I was that pig Red sox fan’s lawyer I would file a law suit against the Yankees and or the security company. Security should have been on top of that. It wouldn’t even get to court they would settle rather then pay the high cost of lawyer fees. Easy 10 Gs. That is what happens when losers (red sox and yankees fans) go to the ball park and get wasted.

10. fastspecv - May 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Why can’t people just go to games and have a good time that doesn’t require being a drunk/wasted ahole?

11. jumbossportsblog - May 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Reblogged this on jumbossportsblog.

• bla bla bla - May 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Still can’t quite lure in that third reader, Jumbo? Keep trolling; you’ll get there.

• jumbossportsblog - May 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM

We are on vacation in Fiji for a week so we decided to take a break from posting stuff. Back to the beach. Enjoy your night. I know we will

12. jimeejohnson - May 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM

That kick to the face was effective.

13. 1337ryan - May 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Yankee stadium security has always had the right approach with these situations…wait until it turns into a fight, when the visiting fan has had their behind handed to them then they get thrown out and they make sure the Yankee fan is OK. That’s the correct way to go about it. There’s always stupid, loud Boston fans who think they can get away with this. Not gonna happen. My favorite was a few years ago when some Boston fan started a loud argument before first pitch and someone grabbed their hat, lit it on fire and threw it on the netting. Then the Boston fan was thrown out. Rightfully so. Troublemaker!

That all being said, I would go to a NY/Boston game at Fenway and might wear a Yankee hat, but I wouldn’t be loud or respond to any abuse with anything other than laughter, because I know my place there.

14. dallasstars9 - May 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Can’t stand neither team – Way to stay classy people!