Apr 28, 2012, 3:25 PM EST
Remember that old clip of former Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson hitting a bird during a spring training game against the San Francisco Giants? Well, we have another incident of the same manner as an Illinois high school baseball pitcher hit a bird with a pitch.
Sacred Heart-Griffin high school pitcher Ryne Elvers was the guilty party as one of his pitchers ended up hitting the bird as he attempted to fly in front of home plate.
Luckily for the bird, he ended up flying away and Elvers isn’t going to be chased down by any animal-rights groups:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found