Apr 20, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jose Canseco is on an epic Twitter run right now — he was recently busted by his girlfriend for Twitter flirting with various babes, and has spent the past two days in damage control. It really is hilarious — you should take a look. But before that, he brought up the subject of an historic piece of memorabilia. The hat that Canseco wore as a Texas Ranger when a batted ball famously bounced off of his head for a home run in 1993 is up for auction at Heritage.com. Jose would definitely like to reclaim that hat.
The current bid is $3,230 … dirt cheap for a piece of perhaps the the most hilarious piece of MLB uniform of the modern era. If you don’t count David Wright’s batting helmet.
Oh well, it’s all the Worcester Tornadoes’ problem now.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while wondering if opening a marijuana dispensary across the street from a high school is a good thing …
- This may be the greatest sports headline ever written.
- USHL hockey player assists himself on game-winning goal.
- The LA Clippers are growing playoff beards.
Meanwhile, in Arkansas …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness