Apr 17, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Best way to tell that your soccer team isn’t doing so hot: A. You lose an important match 4-1. B. Your coach resigns. C. One of your best players threatens his teammates with a paintball gun. D. All of the above.
Those guessing D must be fans of Argentina’s Racing Club, which had an interesting weekend. During a 4-1 loss to Independiente, Colombian striker Teo Gutierrez was issued a red car for insulting the ref. While being confronted by teammates over the useless infraction in the locker room afterwards, Gutierrez allegedly threatened them with a paintball gun. Yep.
Goggles on, Pendejos!
“We will seek a mutual way out but [Gutierrez] won’t play for Racing again,” club president Gaston Cogorno said of the 26-year-old who has been sent off four times since joining the club from Trabzonspor of Turkey in February 2011.
“I haven’t talked to Teo but I did with his agent and the investment group that brought him [to Racing] to explain to them why he won’t play [for the club] any more.
“People are tired of Teo’s attitude,” he added of the striker.
What was Gutierrez doing with a paintball gun in the locker room in the first place? I don’t know … what was Chelsea’s Ashey Cole doing with an air rifle during practice? It’s soccer: the answers are shrouded in mystery.
Liverpool was reportedly keen on acquiring Gutierrez last year, but I’d say this changes things.
Colombian footballer allegedly threatens teammates with paintball gun [Dirty Tackle]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found