Apr 15, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
It’s not strange to see hockey players fight during the game but have you ever seen two players throw down before the game had officially begun?
Two minor league hockey players decided to pull that feat off during a playoff game last week.
The incident occurred before game four of the Continental Hockey League playoff series between the Allen Americans and the Texas Brahmas.
Americans left winger Brett Clouthier got into it with Brahmas defenseman Ryan Hand as they were set to take the ceremonial puck drop at center ice:
Both received unsportsmanlike misconduct penalties and caused a bizarre sight on the stat sheet as both were booked before the game even began.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found