Apr 13, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
No one is quite sure why, but this man thought it would be a good idea to attend the Blue Jays’ home opener dressed as a leaf of marijuana. And if there was any doubt that it was wacky weed, and not, say, a maple leaf or poison ivy, all you had to do was look at the back of the costume, where it clearly read “Cannabis” in large letters. This is evidently not the image that the Blue Jays want to portray, and so the leaf was politely escorted out of the stadium.
Clearly Blue Jays personnel have had training in dealing with non-militant leaf mascots — this is Canada, after all — and I salute their sensible response to the crisis. In Philadelphia he would have been tased senseless, that is if the fans hadn’t set him on fire and smoked him before the cops could get there.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while attempting to rob a bank with a toilet plunger …
- Rob Gronkowski talks about Tim Tebow, and not in a kind way.
- Charles Barkley on Dwight Howard: ‘I’ve lost a lot of respect for him because I feel like he’s played like a dog the last several weeks’
- Seven more people charged by police in the BC hockey riot.
Meanwhile, in the ESPN studios …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found