Tim Tebow, Urban Meyer among speakers at May 4 Chick-fil-A Leadercast, and it’s only $149 per ticket
Apr 12, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Sorry, tickets to this sold out in 45 seconds. No, that’s not true — for this is a closed circuit broadcast, available at hundreds of locations around the world. Tim Tebow, Urban Meyer and a host of other guests will appear at the Chick-fil-A Leadercast in Atlanta on May 4. Why is a backup quarterback a headline speaker at an event called Leadercast? Because he was a starter at Florida and in Denver, I suppose. Why Chick-fil-A? Because chickens are leaders. What can one expect at this event? Well, according to their web site:
You will be empowered with life-changing insights from world-renowned leaders. You can expect to be challenged. Inspired. Encouraged. You will learn how to improve your own leadership skills and also have the opportunity to network with other leaders in your area. You will see just how far your own choices could take you.
Bonus speaker: CNN’s Soledad O’Brien!
If you’re attending the live event in Atlanta, that’ll run you $239 ($499 for the “executive experience”). But if you’re watching at a remote location, it’s significantly less. Northeast Florida residents, for example, can watch and listen from the comfort of Latitude 30 on the Southside (Jacksonville), where tickets are $99.
Other scheduled speakers are Urban Meyer, Ohio State University football coach and former University of Florida; Soledad O’Brien, CNN anchor and special correspondent; Angela Ahrendts, chief executive officer of the Burberry luxury outerwear company; Roland Fryer, professor of economics at Harvard University and CEO of The Education Innovation Laboratory at Harvard University; Sheena Iyengar, author and S.T. Lee Professor of Business in the Management Division of the Columbia Business School; Patrick Lencioni, best-selling author and president of The Table Group, a specialized management-consulting firm focused on organizational health; and best-selling authors Marcus Buckingham, John Maxwell and Andy Stanley, according to the event website.
Anyway, I think we can safely say that Tebow need not worry about a post-NFL career. He may be the first motivational speaker rock star.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?