Apr 9, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
It’s the Monday edition of When Posts Attack. More good stuff following the jump.
Who among us hasn’t dreamed of quitting our job and traveling the country to watch baseball at as many different stadiums as possible for an entire year? The difference between us and Matt and Carolyn LaWell, however, is that they are actually doing it. The Lakewood Ohio couple have recently begun a 152-day, 26,000-mile journey to 120 minor league ballparks in 38 states. Yep, minor league parks. Therein lies the insanity, and the greatness. Jacksonville.com:
Matt and Carolyn plan to publish 2,500 words on their website every day. There will be videos and photographs from every stop, as well.
Matt wants to do this for a living. He and Carolyn hope this project is a springboard to other opportunities. They talk about a book. They talk about a career. But mostly they talk about doing something and looking back in 20 or 30 years and being proud.
But right now they’re jobless, and have no idea what they’re going to do when the trip is finished.
“You can’t have regrets,” Matt said. “That’s what it comes down to. A regret would be not even trying. We’re here. We’re in Jacksonville. Day zero. Tomorrow [Thursday] is game day, day one. If everything works out well …”
- Bob Knight On NCAA One-And-Dones: ‘I Think It’s A Disgrace’. [Huffington Post]
- Minor League Baseball team to deliver game balls via zipline. [Asheville Tourists]
- Pele has joined Twitter. One tweet, nearly 100,000 followers. [SportsbyBrooks]
- Old and busted: Ice cream sundae in a helmet. New hotness: Taco in a helmet. [The Post Game]
- Bacon on a Stick available at Camden Yards. [Sportress of Blogitude]
- St. Louis Blues: 2nd in the West with 107 points, though they came in 107 overtime losses. [The Onion]
FANTASY BASEBALL TEAM NAME OF THE DAY: Choo and a Half Men.
Want your stuff in When Posts Attack? Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com. Twitter: @Rickchand.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found