Apr 4, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Seattle resident Russ Berkman was all set for a great golf trip: he was about to leave for Augusta with three friends to play some golf and then watch Wednesday’s Masters practice round. Sounds like a great plan: but Berkman hadn’t done a very good job securing those tickets. When he got home on Tuesday to get ready for the trip, he found that his dog, Sierra, had eaten them.
Yep, all that remained of the four tickets were the strings, lying on the floor. But Berkman told KJR Radio in Seattle (audio here) that instead of weeping uncontrollably, he went into action. He fed his dog Hydrogen peroxide (safe for animals) so that he would cough up the pieces of the tickets. Then he laboriously pieced together the ticket pieces and took photos of them, hoping that Augusta officials would then issue him new ones.
Apparently feeling that a man who would spend the day sifting through dog vomit to watch a practice golf round was admirable, Augusta issued four new tickets. As for Sierra? Bad dog! … oh, how can we stay mad at you?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Your police blotter item of the day: Another student, who had stripped down to his boxer shorts, was immediately arrested after attempting to dry hump a deputy’s leg …
- During Tuesday’s 2-1 shoot-out loss to the Predators, the Wild’s Kyle Brodziak got a face full of teammate Darroll Powe’s skate blade. Yowch.
- NBA TV’s Greg Anthony loses bet, forced to wear “Elevator Ernie Johnson” get-up.
- Brendan Marshall’s response to President Obama may be the best tweet ever.
Meanwhile, in Minneapolis …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found