Apr 2, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
It happened in Corydon, Iowa on Saturday, at the tipoff of the Pride of Iowa Conference senior high school all star basketball game. Players from one team thought it would be fun to choreograph their first play (if they won the tip), and hilarity ensued. Plus two points.
Pleasantville’s Collin Thomas snapped the ball to Wayne of Corydon’s Bryce Carpenter who took several dribbles before tossing up an alley-opp to Hunter Van Haalen of Pleasantville.
“We kind of thought of it five minutes before the game started and we decided to do it,” Carpenter said Monday.
Carpenter said the video, shot by Martensdale-St. Mary’s J.D. Nielsen’s (the left guard) mom, has been an instant hit.
Carpenter and his teammates tossed the video on YouTube where as of Monday morning it had generated over 246,000 hits.
“YouTube made it pretty big,” Carpenter said. “I googled it and it was pretty much everywhere.”
Dunker = Hunter Van Haalen, Pleasantville
Passer = Bryce Carpenter, Wayne of Corydon
Snapper = Collin Thomas, Pleasantville
Running Back = Brody Brownlee, Interstate 35
Left Guard = JD Nielsen, Martensdale-St. Mary’s
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found