Apr 2, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
I’ve always said that the only way you’re going to get me interested in Dancing With the Stars is if Urkel has a nervous breakdown during practice and starts arguing with Kym Johnson, and then an NFL player steps in to break it up. And guess what — it happened, allegedly. According to Us Weekly, Jaleel White — you know him as Urkel from Family Matters — got into a “heated” confrontation with DWTS producers following an argument with his rance partner, the lovely Kym Johnson. MSNBC:
The “Family Matters” alum, 35, “flipped out,” the insider says, after he accidentally stepped on Johnson’s foot. When Johnson, 35, exclaimed “ouch” over his blunder, the insider says, White “got in her face,” and chastised her for “acting like a baby … He was shouting at her, calling her an ‘idiot.’ “
As Johnson momentarily left the studio in tears, fellow celeb competitor Donald Driver overheard the commotion and “tried to calm him down,” the insider says. Unmoved, White “started going off on the producers and shouting about how they put him with a ‘stupid’ partner.”
The best part was when White allegedly likened dancer Mark Ballas, who also tried to step in and calm things, to a “nosy sitcom neighbor” for intervening. Anyway, Urkel was sent home for the day.
Johnson, as you certainly recall, won DTWS last year with her partner Hines Ward.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found