Apr 1, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Although Linsanity has died down since the madness began only a few weeks ago, that hasn’t prevented people from trying to court New York Knicks star Jeremy Lin to attend a specific event or asking him out on a date.
Recently, students at Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan (whose student body is predominately Asian-American) created a YouTube video pleading for Mr. Lin to come speak at their high school graduation. The video starred senior class president Eric Han and a host of other students attempting to sway Jeremy to come speak at their June 25th ceremony:
After the video was posted, Lin caught wind of it and responded on Twitter by saying that he was honored to have been invited to the graduation but due to his crazy schedule, he couldn’t make it:
“Stuyvesant High! Awesome video…so honored to have been invited…I cant make it BUT im making a response video and will visit if possible!”
Lin’s response was prior to his decision to have knee surgery, so we will wait and see if Jeremy changes his mind.
Jeremy Lin won’t attend high school graduation [New York Daily News]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found