Mar 31, 2012, 3:22 PM EST
In the world of skateboarding, the 1080 aerial trick was believed to be somewhat of an impossible feat since no skateboarder had ever completed the trick.
The 1080 trick is an aerial move that is three consecutive revolutions in the air and even legends such as Tony Hawk were unable to do it.
Enter, 12-year-old skater Tom Schaar who attempted the trick on the MegaRamp at Woodward West action sports camp in Tehachapi, California.
After a couple of prior failed attempts, Tom was able to finally pull it off and make history:
12-Year Old Skater Lands First 1080 [Tweets Center]
12-Year-Old Skater Lands A 1080 [MSN Now]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found