Mar 30, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
Virgin Airlines has entered into some kind of a promotional agreement with the Giants, so of course that involves adorning one of its planes with a Brian Wilson beard. Although I’d be hesitant to get on board after seeing this. What’s that, you say? Wilson won’t actually be flying the plane? OK then. That’s very different.
This is an Airbus A320 jet, for all you plane fans.
You might start seeing it at an SFO gate starting next week as it begins flying nationwide. Virgin named the plane “Fly Bye Baby.”
The Giants kick off the Bay Bridge Series next Monday. Opening Day is Friday, April 13.
Giants President and CEO Larry Baer and Virgin America President and CEO David Cush also teamed up to create a new mood-lit Virgin America Club Level at AT&T Park. The Club Level now has a purple hue lighting and red jets on the glass leading to the stadium.
There will also be a Flight Deck Bar near the top of the stadium, where you will find me on most weeknight games.
By the way, “Brian and Airbus” is very different than “Timmy and Bus.” Do not confuse the two.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found